Philips Strand System Builder
A simple-to-use software program for creating, documenting and presenting a lighting control and luminaire system tailored by you to meet the requirements of individual theatrical or architectural display projects.
More interesting product related information such as:
- IES and ILLUMUDAT Data File downloads
- How to create your own low-cost image projections using the Pacific
- Appliance Testing Points (PAT) - where are these on Selecon fixtures
- Fixture performance figures and what they actually mean
- High resolution photos available for downloading
- Selecon fixture pattern sizes
- Fixture drawing symbols
- Fixture lens replacements
- Pacific clearance diagrams
- Pacific gate temperatures
- Pacifics in exterior locations
- Request a catalog - hard copy or electronic
This section is for you if you're just starting to think about a theater lighting package for your stage!
From portable workshop to the small or school theater - here you'll find typical stage lighting equipment kits to suit various types of venues.
Tech News Updates
Selecon recognizes the importance of direct contact with everyone involved in the theater lighting industry and maintains an active program of news & updates.
Learn more about:
- Introduction to stage lighting
- How many gel cuts you'll get from a Selecon fixture ....
- "How Bright is Bright" - article series
- Selecon lens fixtures
- How to light a cyc / backdrop
- More about lamps
- More on color filters
- More on cyc / flood reflectors
- The useable properties of light
- What is a Fresnel?
- What is a PC?
- What is an ellipsoidal zoomspot?
- What is a fixed beam ellipsoidal?
- What is a cyc / flood / groundrow?
- What is a followspot?
- Useful lighting formulas
Philips Strand Lighting and Philips Selecon provide 'reliability and power' for major TV stations in Lebanon