Prestigious Russian Theatre Selects Selecon Cycs

11 September 2006,

DSCN2623_1.jpgThe Maly Theatre was built in 1818 by architects Elkinsky and Bove, a grand concert hall commisioned by the merchant Vargin so that Moscow would have a theatre to rival the Palais-Royale in Paris. A few years later Vargin rented the Maly Theatre out to the state with the first performance by the Imperial Theatre Group taking place on 14 October 1824. Three months later the Bolshoi Imperial Theatre was opened, predominantly used for opera and ballet productions while the Maly Theatre concentrated on dramas gaining renown during the nineteenth-century as a venue for social and political satire.

Sistema Ltd, Sarov, Russia have recently supplied over 150 Selecon luminaires as part of an on-going refurbishment planDSCN2641.jpg for the Maly Theatre comprising of 10 x Aurora Cycs, 53 x Aurora Cyc 4-way square battens, 7 x Aurora Cyc 2-way vertical battens, 20 x Lui Cyc 3-way battens, 4 x Hui Cyc 4-way battens, 10 x Arena Zoomspots (medium) and 48 Arena PCs with Comandor yokes.

Alexey Kapustin of Sistema comments on further involvement with the theatre,

"Next year we are planing to continue taking part in the reconstruction and fully rig the theatre with floodlight luminaries as well as continuing work on the mechanical rigging".